Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Recognizing Talents around us..

How many of us recognize and praise or encourage the people around us with good talents? It could be anything.. Dancing, Singing, Talking, Writing, Playing .. Anything!!

If I say that someone is dancing good, does that mean that I cannot dance good?
May be I know dancing and I dance better. Or I am trying to dance like that person. Or, I know nothing about dance!! What ever it is, recognizing others talent does not reflect anything about my level on that...
Even if I cannot dance well, cant I accept that someone else is dancing well? Its just a fact that she/he is dancing good. Thats all.

And only when we start accepting that, can we put effort to improve our level. Else we just start trying to find out some reasons to prove that we are good or better than others. Even if we know that it is not so.. Here is where we start cheating ourselves.

So.. its always better to accept the facts as they are and try to go to the next step.. Just recognize the true talents around us. Try to encourage them. It will in fact help us to bring healthy competition for us. It will help you bring out 'our' best.
When we realize and recognize that someone /something else is good, it shows our openness and the real interest we have on the subject. It does not mean that we are no good.

Basically, what I feel is being open and confident on one's self will always lead to the pathway of success.

No comments: